- The CHW Network of NYC supports political, economic, and financial positions that advance the CHW practice while preserving the integrity of the CHW identity and character.
- The Network organizes CHWs in local/regional configurations and supports CHW leadership development within those organizations.
- The Network establishes workforce standards that include recommendations on scope of practice, training, credentialing and CHW financing.
- The Network endorses organizations and institutions that embrace the CHW Network recommendations published in, "Paving a Path to Advance the CHW Workforce in New York State."
- The Network is an active leader in the American Public Health Association's Community Health Worker Section where we influence national policy issues relevant to our practice.
- The Network issues policy briefs and statements to support organizations wanting to integrate CHWs into their operations.
- The Network supports a legislative agenda aimed at advancing the CHW practice by informing elected officials and government agencies on the appropriate utilization of CHWs.
Core ValuesPreserving Character - Leadership - Social Justice + more
CHW Training ProgramsLearn more about our CHW trainings that were designed in response to expressed needs of CHWs and their employers
"This program changes your heart, mind and soul. It satisfied the craving to become a better person, not just a CHW." - participant comment+ more